Depression and Mood Disorders
Depression, anxiety, irritability, social anxiety, Bi-polar disorder, and delusional disorders such as Schizo- Affective Disorders are some of the moods we help to correct with the appropriate use of drugs, supplements, dietary changes, hormonal balancing, and through controlling inflammation and digestion, especially keeping an eye towards food allergies.
The testing tools we use are varied and may include:
- Digestive assessment is done through: food testing, stool testing to eliminate parasites and to ensure there isproper population of “good” bacteria, amino acid profile as amino acids are crucial in the formation of- neurotransmitters.
- Hormonal testing for thyroid, adrenal, male and female hormones and insulin.
- Measures and markers for inflammation as there is increasing evidence that mood disorders may be correlated with the level of inflammation one has.
- Detoxification issues of heavy metals, pthallates and PCB’s. Sometimes poor detoxification may be caused by disruption of key detoxification pathways due to a chronic history of drugs.
- Assessment of social and spiritual well-being.
- Metabolic balance is assessed via a urine test (called the Organix Profile), body composition analysis,and the measurement of blood essential fatty acids, antioxidants and minerals.
The treatment plan we recommend is linked to your results. If we only test one area, then that is where we would begin to make changes. Regardless, we will discuss and help you change your diet to include foods that deter inflammation, encourage you to exercise, and help you employ-good sleep hygiene.
We sometimes recommend a tool known as Alpha-stimulation to help with anxiety, depression and insomnia. NAET is utilized when there are deep issues of trauma that need to be treated and diagnosed.