What is the Concussion Recovery Program?
The Concussion Recovery Program is a twelve-week program designed to help individuals with chronic symptoms related to concussion, including headaches, inattention, memory issues, brain fog, and vertigo. The comprehensive program incorporates medical supervision of activities, physical fitness training, nutrition planning, neurofeedback brain training sessions, and more. During the program, individuals are assigned to a multidisciplinary team to support them, guide their treatment, and monitor their progress. The time commitment is approximately 93 hours over 12 weeks.
The structure of the program is divided into three stages:
- Assessment | Week 1
- Intervention | Weeks 2-11
- Conclusion | Week 12
What are the benefits of the program?
The Concussion Recovery Program is primarily a rehabilitative program. The benefits include a full assessment to evaluate the severity of the individual’s symptoms, supervised by a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist, who will closely monitor the participant’s progress. After the evaluations, the participant will receive a comprehensive report outlining the team’s assessment and findings and will participate in neurofeedback and biofeedback rebalance sessions, SomaTraining and personal training sessions, and cryotherapy and salt room sessions, among others.
What are the key elements of the program?
The program consists of the following key elements:
- Medical supervision from experts in physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, and functional medicine to monitor the participant’s fitness and nutrition goals
- Neurofeedback brain training to optimize the brain’s physiology
- Medically supervised personal training to provide safe integration of fitness and physical movement into a daily routine
- Work on self-awareness and resiliency in the Know Yourself Workshops
How do I sign up?
This program is open to all membership levels. Non-members may participate in this program with a Program Membership. To sign up for the Concussion Recovery Program, connect with a PALM Navigator. After completion of the program, members will need a Medical Advantage or Total Advantage membership to continue receiving access to the PALM Clinic.