What is the Life in Balance Program?
The Life in Balance Program is an eight-week intensive program to help individuals work towards making healthy and lasting lifestyle changes. The program combines fitness, nutrition, and coaching to help individuals reboot physically and mentally and get on the path towards a healthier lifestyle. During the program, individuals are assigned to a multidisciplinary team to support them, guide their treatment, and monitor their progress. The time commitment is approximately 40 hours over 8 weeks. Each group class will include:
- 60 minutes of group fitness
- 30 minutes of nutrition support
- 60 minutes of resilience and stress reduction techniques
Why are group classes included, and are they better than one-on-one classes?
Research shows that individuals are more successful with group classes in achieving health goals. They have an added benefit because they provide a supportive environment with other individuals who may share similar experiences and struggles. There are two sessions of the Life In Balance Program offered in 2020:
Wednesdays 5:30pm – 8:00pm and Saturdays 12:00pm – 2:30pm starting Wednesday, February 12 through Wednesday, April 1
Mondays and Wednesdays 12:00pm – 2:30pm starting Monday, March 30 through Wednesday, May 20
What are the key elements of the program?
The program consists of the following key elements:
- Fitness classes with our personal trainers, covering cardio, flexibility, balance, strength, endurance, and more
- Nutrition classes with our dietitian to help with education, recipes, and tips for consistently healthy meal choices
- Self-awareness and resiliency classes with our with our well-being coaches that will include stress reduction techniques and exercises to promote creative thinking
How do I sign up?
This program is open to all membership levels. Non-members may participate in this program with a Program Membership. To sign up for the Life in Balance Program, connect with a PALM Navigator.