Prevention is the Best Medicine: 6 Tips to Prevent Colds and Flu
As cold and flu season is still upon us, remember that the best way to stay healthy is through prevention. Schedule a flu shot with the clinic if you haven’t had one yet, and maintain good health with these 6 tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are currently healthy, you can also boost your immune system with:
- Acute Immune Support Packs (available for purchase at reception)
- Salt Inhalers (available for purchase at reception)
- Elderberry Syrup (available for purchase at reception)
- IV Nutrition Therapy
- Salt Room Sessions
- BioMat Sessions
- Infrared Sauna Sessions
Contact reception at 314-801-8898 option 1 then 1 to schedule a service, purchase a product, or learn more.
Sita Kedia, MD, MPH, FAHS
Chief Medical Officer | PALM Health
9160 Clayton Road, Ladue, Missouri 63124
p: 314-801-8898 | www.palmhealth.com