PALM Health is enforcing the following standards, policies, and protocols to ensure the safety of our members and employees.
Standards and Policies
- Face Masks: One of the standards for St. Louis businesses is that all employees must wear a face mask. PALM Health will require all employees to wear a face mask when on-site unless they are working alone. PALM will also require all patrons to wear a face mask when on-site unless it is contraindicated to wear a mask based on the particular service they are having, such as a face-down massage. This is both to prevent the spread of germs transmitted via droplets during respiration, and also to limit touching one’s face, particularly the nose and mouth. These measures are known to be effective in reducing the transmission of viruses. At PALM, we have been and will be adhering firmly to these guidelines, so please ensure that you are wearing a mask while inside the building. We are providing surgical masks to all employees and members who arrive without one, as well as selling reusable cloth masks.
- Client Screening: Clients are screened by phone prior to appointments and in-person when entering the building for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Physical Distancing: PALM is enacting policies for social distancing by limiting the number of people permitted in the building at any given time and establishing an operating flow designed to enable maintaining a six-foot distance from other individuals. We have also supported social distancing by making other significant changes: creating virtual options for many services; building an online library of on-demand classes; offering front door pick-up for products, supplements, and café orders; moving employees to work-from-home status when possible; limiting on-site services such as salt room treatments to single-person and single-family sessions; and setting tape markers six feet apart in areas that people would otherwise tend to gather. Moving forward, we will continue our virtual service offerings and stagger any in-person appointments. Our team is also working hard to ensure we maintain a minimum of six feet between individuals wherever possible.
- Facility Sterilization: PALM will continue to be vigilant about disinfecting all surfaces that may be frequently touched by employees and clients, such as computers, keyboards, countertops, doorknobs, toilet handles, and other high-touch surfaces. PALM also has two new team members, robots named Arnold and PALMer, that sterilize the building at night though a powerful UV light disinfection system!
- Employee Screening: Employees are screened daily for symptoms of COVID-19 before entering the building.
- Employee Wellness: We will continue to offer our employees support and tools to stay well, such as free stress management workshops, wellness therapies, and classes, to maintain their health and provide ongoing support to our members.
- Handwashing: Employees are required to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water between clients, and at least every 30 minutes. They are vigilant in upholding this responsibility.
- Work from Home: Employees will continue to be encouraged and provided the tools to work from home when possible.