Reopening of On-Site Services
Great news, PALM members!
Your PALM Health team is happy to announce that as of Monday, June 15, we have resumed offering on-site classes and fitness center access for independent workouts and 1:1 personal training. Beginning the same date, we have also expanded our operating hours to 7am-7pm Monday through Friday. The PALM Café is open 9am-6pm for takeout and delivery for the foreseeable future. And, starting Saturday, July 11, we will be reopening on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am-5pm.
We can’t wait to see more of our PALM community soon!
The health and safety of our members and staff continues to be our top priority. To that end, we are gradually reopening services based upon our confidence in maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all. Please read below for details.
General Fitness Guidelines
- A mask is required upon entry and throughout your visit at PALM except when you are exercising or in a class. While you do not need a mask during exercise or class sessions, please put it back on before visiting other areas of the building or exiting.
- Individuals must be spaced 6-8 feet apart while exercising.
- The bottle filler located in the hallway en route to the fitness center and Oak Room is touch-free and remains operational.
- Please bring your own sweat towel. We also encourage bringing any other personal fitness equipment that you have in order to minimize shared touchpoints: weights, resistance bands, blocks, straps, mats. If you do not have these items to bring with you, we will provide them.
- Locker rooms are open for handwashing and restrooms. The showers and lockers are currently not available for service. The lockers near the fitness center and Oak Room can be used to store personal belongings and your mask while you exercise.
- Please be sure to reserve your class or fitness center space in advance so we can abide by social distancing standards. Scheduling is available via the PALM app, the website, or by calling reception.
- When you arrive, please let our reception team know and they will check you in.
- If you find you cannot make your class or fitness center reservation, please cancel as early as possible to ensure that your spot can be used by another member.
Classes for Body and Mind
- The on-site class schedule is currently available on the PALM app and website and will be sent via email on Saturdays.
- Class timing is spaced across the day to limit the number of people simultaneously entering and exiting the building and using common spaces.
- Classes have a capacity of 8 people to ensure adequate distancing.
- We have dots on the floor marking the optimal spacing in the Oak Room.
- Additional on-site classes will be added in the near future. The current Live Zoom class schedule will continue with a few modifications, and the on-demand class library on YouTube will continue to be available, with more classes added each week.
Fitness Center Access for Independent Workouts and Personal Training
- We are reinstating the sign-up process for members to schedule independent workouts in the PALM fitness center. This space will be shared with personal training clients and staff.
- In order to accommodate capacity and distancing guidelines, we are offering two spaces for independent workouts per hour between 7am and 7pm Monday through Friday.
- When you arrive for your personal training appointment, please text your trainer to let him or her know that you have arrived. Please wait in your car until your trainer texts you to come in. This will allow us to maintain our standards for capacity and cleanliness in the fitness center.
Please support your fellow members through the following precautions:
- Stay home if you’re feeling ill or think that you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Bring and wear a mask, which is required upon entry to PALM and for the duration of your visit, except while you are exercising or in a class.
- Arrive a few additional minutes in advance to accommodate the screening process at reception. We will ensure that you have a mask, take your temperature, and ask a few short questions regarding your likelihood of recent exposure to COVID-19.
- Maintain a minimum distance of six feet between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after touching communal surfaces.
Our staff is working tirelessly to uphold the highest standards for everyone’s safety on-site at PALM. Here are some of the safety precautions that PALM has taken:
- Our facilities team is wiping down high-touch areas every 30 minutes and PALM undergoes a daily deep cleaning.
- Our two new robots, Arnold and PALMer, disinfect the entire facility at night using UV light.
- We have signage facilitating increased spacing in high-traffic areas of the center.
- Hand sanitizing and cleaning stations are stocked with disinfecting products for members to apply before and after using equipment.
- We removed fabrics and soft surfaces that are difficult to clean between sessions in the salt room and service rooms.
- The furniture in the atrium has been rearranged or removed to facilitate social distancing.
- As always, we offer touchless payment by using your card on file.
- We are continuing to limit some other services to promote safety. As we are able to offer additional services and classes, we will inform you by email.
- For more information on our standards during COVID-19, please see our Standards and Policies.
Again, we are very happy knowing that we will see more of you soon! Please reach out to our Navigators or reception with any questions.