What is the Weight Management Program?
The Weight Management Program is an eight-week intensive program to help individuals work towards their specific health goal, such as controlling glucose, losing weight, improving metabolism, and more. During the program, individuals are assigned to a multidisciplinary team to support them, guide their treatment, and monitor their progress. The time commitment is approximately 70 hours over eight weeks.
The structure of the program is divided into three stages:
- Assessment | Week 1
- Intervention | Weeks 2-7
- Conclusion | Week 8
Why are group visits included, and are they better than one-on-one visits?
Research shows that individuals are more successful with group visits in achieving health goals. They have an added benefit because they provide a supportive environment with other individuals who may share similar experiences and struggles. In addition, group visits allow for more frequent nutritional check-ins during the program. The dietitian will be present during each group visit.
The group visit takes place once a week in the morning, and begins with a group exercise class followed by a nutrition group visit in the café. Some participants choose to preorder breakfast from the café before the exercise class, and it is served during the nutrition group visit.
What are the key elements of the program?
The program consists of the following key elements:
- Personalized assessments including cardiometabolic and body composition testing to evaluate the participant’s fitness level and customize a plan
- Medical supervision and coordination with a functional medicine provider
- Nutritional support and personalized meal planning with our registered dietitian
- Improved detoxification and stress reduction with treatments including infrared sauna and biofeedback
- Fitness coaching for accountability
How do I sign up?
This program is open to all membership levels. Non-members may participate in this program with a Program Membership. To sign up for the Weight Management Program, call our Program Coordinator, Sarah Lewis, at 314-801-8898 option 2, send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or speak with a PALM Navigator.