Dietitian Victoria Nieveen shares a healthy way to incorporate more veggies into your diet with a tasty recipe for avocado bean dip.
- 1 can of garbanzo beans or white northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt (adjust amount of salt to your liking)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Blend in a food processor until smooth. Serve with fresh carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, or sliced bell peppers.
Dietitian Victoria Nieveen