Start the day out right with these protein-packed pancakes from dietitian Christaney Townsend. Made with oats, eggs, and banana, they’re much healthier than pancakes made with refined flour and sugar and will keep you satisfied all morning long.
This recipe yields 6-9 servings. The macronutrients for a single pancake are:
Calories: 115 · Protein: 7g · Fat: 3g · Carbohydrates: 18g (15g net carbs) · Fiber: 3g
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup egg whites
- 2 scoops PALM Vegan Complete French Vanilla Protein Powder (1 serving)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: Blueberries
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once heated, pour the batter onto the skillet in small circles roughly 4 inches wide.
- Optional: Put a few blueberries on the batter.
- After about 2 minutes, flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes or until desired.
- Serve and top with additional blueberries, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, or other toppings as desired.