Enjoy the sweetness of ice cream without the guilt! Dietitian Christaney Townsend shares a delicious recipe for Strawberry Banana (N)ice Cream that makes a nutritious dessert in the spring and summer months.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- 1 scoop protein powder of your choice (PALM Vegan Complete Protein Powder in French Vanilla is Christaney’s favorite)
- 2-4 fresh strawberries
- Place the frozen fruit and milk into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend on medium to high until a thick, even consistency is formed.
- Add the protein powder and blend until evenly distributed.
- Top with sliced fresh strawberries.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tip: The less liquid you’re able to use, the more thick and ice-cream-like the mixture will be. Add more liquid as needed for desired consistency.