Cozy up with this healthy white chicken chili recipe from registered dietitian Christaney Townsend.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken bone broth
- Black pepper and sea salt
- 2 (15 oz) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 cups corn
- 1 container of dairy-free cream cheese (Kite Hill, Daiya, etc.)
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the bell pepper, chicken, and broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to the pot and add white beans and corn. Bring to a simmer and let cook, 10 minutes, using a wooden spoon to mash about 1/4 of the beans. Turn off heat and stir in dairy-free cream cheese.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro, cheese, and chips before serving.