It’s the last official day of summer! In celebration and farewell, Dr. Varsha Rathod gives us a simple recipe for a summer salad highlighting the color red.
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup cherries or raspberries
- 1 medium beet, boiled and cubed
- 1 tsp white Modena vinegar
- 1 pinch mint
- 1 pinch basil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Boil the beet until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out balls of the watermelon.
- Mix ingredients together and top with mint, basil, and cracked black pepper.
Dr. Varsha Rathod